2014-05-21

Julie London - Tenderly Yours

Posted on 77 Jetset Strip

Perhaps one day I will be named the Ambassador of Lounge music but it won’t be today.  I knew about Julie London but I never considered picking up an album by her. Shame on me! It took Jason Croft of the ‘Bachelor Pad Radio Show’ to point that out to me. It is not like there was a precedent for it. I have albums by Diane Schuur, Keely Smith and Diana Krall to name a few. So its weird not have anything by Julie. Although now that I think about it… I don’t remember the last time I saw a Julie London album. They must be nestled into lifetime collections.

Well, as luck would have it, I found one on the Guest Star label. Unfortunately, its basically a half and half album. Every other track features Julie London and the other tracks feature Ted Comstock and his Orchestra.  My only complaint is there is not enough of either. I am not sure if Julie London is backed by Ted Comstock or not but with a label called guest star you’d think they get to be on the whole album. So I will continue my search for Julie London and Rosemary Clooney too!


No comments:

Post a Comment